« Caesar's town in Toscana | Main | Your Antler Dance: Real life, Real Courage, Ray Ward. »

October 06, 2009

What's a Nyilv Nosan Muködo Társaság, anyway?

You don't know that one? And what is that strange German symbol-thing you keep seeing in your due diligence--"GmbH", yeah, that's it--what does that mean? How about: S.A.? Oy? Hevra Pratit? And "Cyfyngedig". To be sure, that old rascal Dr. Quaalude, your Corporations prof at Siwash Law, didn't cover any of these. But increasingly lawyers are helping clients to do business with foreign companies and in foreign jurisdictions--and are even guiding clients as they set up shops abroad. See for starters the International Directory of Corporate Symbols and Terms, first published in 2002 by member firms of the Salzburg, Austria-based International Business Law Consortium. An American law prof, writer and businessman named Dennis Campbell is the IBLC's founder and director.

Posted by JD Hull at October 6, 2009 12:59 AM


Post a comment

Thanks for signing in, . Now you can comment. (sign out)

(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)

Remember me?